AF-3-S is an innovative and a top performant slag conditioner from AF Chemicals with a comparatively premium benefit to cost ratio up to 40% compared to metallurgical fluorspar. AF-3-S is a top performant slag conditioner specially developed for stainless steel. Thanks to its special combination of several fluorine compounds that are chemically engineered with alumina, AF-3-S provides a cost efficient, faster and a top premium desulfurization solution to form a properly basic creamy fluid slag at lower temperatures.
Benefits and Savings
- Efficiency: Application of AF-3-S is exactly the same as you currently use fluorspar. You simply consume less material.
- Supply stability: Having several sites all over the world AF Chemicals guarantees a flexible supply with a cost-effective solution.
- Price advantage: AF-3-S has a stable price advantage compared to fluorspar.
- Increased refractory life with a faster desulfurization: With a much lower silica content and decreasing the time needed for desulfurization, AF-3-S increases your refractory life.
- Better slag, faster desulfurization and a cleaner steel: The fluidity of the slag is increased through a faster and a more performant processes at lower temperatures.
AF-3-S is supplied in standard grain size of 5 - 20mm.
AF-3-S comes in standard 1-1.5 MT Big Bags (supersacks).
At AF Chemicals, we are glad to accompany our customers in introducing our products. We are proud to serve with our long lasting technological expertise to be a competent partner on your side for your desulfurization needs. Our experts will be glad to recommend the best solution for your desulfurization requests based on our ideal product alternative.